Saturday, 18 February 2012

valentines



dress - rare at topshop
(extra points for anyone who can tell from the badly directed camera what it actually looks like)


Despite my endless bouquets of roses mysteriously not arriving on Valentine's Day  (they must have gotten lost in the post, bloody Royal Mail...), I still got into the spirit of things and wore this bright red dress on our Valentine's night out. On hindsight though I think my hair probably does a better job of covering me up than the dress itself... trust me, walking along Union Street at 2am wearing nothing but this dress was not ideal. Thankfully hair as long as this can also serve a dual-purpose and act as a (rather threadbare) jacket-type invention.

Have been so lucky with my purchases today, went to a local vintage fayre/clothes swap and managed to sift through the indeterminable rubbish (I'm specifically pointing the finger here at anyone who thinks it is acceptable to contribute their little brothers unwanted Vans hoodies from 9 years ago) and find a few gems:

- an unworn brightly embroidered hippy-esque French Connection dress which ties in brilliantly with the Mexican themed bright coloured patterns being heralded by ASOS this season

- the horse print dress from Primark I'm wearing in this post which was my friend Ellen's...but now I actually have one to call my own

-a blue cashmere jumper - because living in Aberdeen really does require them, despite how much "Scottish 
blood" you claim to be in posession of


10 comments:

  1. love this you look beautiful!
    hhaha I've had the same experience walking down union street!
    the 'Scottish blood' comment made me laugh. no Scottish blood can ever prepare you for the freezing coldness that is Aberdeen xx

    keepingupwithcarmen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look lovely! your hair is lush. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha, i love the line about the myterious disappearance of your flowers. Your hair looks lovely by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORE your hair!!

    Marie x

    marieeeloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waayhaay I'm assuming it was Peace & Jam you went to?! Glad you had better luck than me, I ended up wasting my tokens and buying stuff instead, gutted x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I wish I would've gotten more dressed up for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are beautiful! :)

    I really like your blog and your style, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...